A new recipe just in time for Mother’s Day!
This recipe came about due to wanting to enjoy and share a delicious sugar free chocolate with the most amazing Momma’s in my life (there are many, but I speak specifically of my Momma and my sis who is also an incredible Momma!). We are all in line with keeping the sugar intake low and although (as you know) I make tons of raw desserts using dates, honey, maple syrup and coconut sugar; I am currently doing my best to keep the sugars to a minimal.
This recipe is really easy, doesn’t take long to make and could be the perfect gift for any chocolate loving Momma you may want to treat – or for you to enjoy a guilt free treat all to yourself!
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 5-6 Tbs. Non-GMO Birch tree xylitol
- 5 slightly rounded Tbs. cacao powder
- .25 tsp. high mineral sea salt
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- Blend in your high speed blender using a tamper to keep the mixture feeding toward the blade.
- Continue until the mixture is warm, smooth and liquid.
- 5 Tbs. shredded coconut
- Pour chocolate into molds or one large container and sprinkle with coarsely ground Celtic sea salt.
- Set in your fridge or freezer to set.
- If you set your chocolates in molds - remove them from their molds and store in an airtight container refrigerated.
- If you set your chocolate in one large container - pop chocolate block out and chop into desired size using a heavy chef's knife.
- Store in an airtight container refrigerated.
- These will last 3-6 months refrigerated.