Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups creamy almond mylk (blend 1 cup soaked almonds to 3 cups of water. Set in the fridge until it’s completely cold)
- ½ cup medjool dates (this is a wet measure. Wet measure is when you add the ingredient into a liquid and measure by how much the liquid rises. If you have 2 cups of almond mylk you will add the dates until the mylk rises to 2 1/2 cups. Make sure the dates are fully immersed in the liquid.)
- 3 Tbs. almond butter (optional for creamier shake)
- 5 Tbs. raw cacao powder
- 10 drops vanilla flavor extract, 2 Tbs. liquid vanilla or 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
Blend well to emulsify dates.
Set in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- 1 tray creamy almond mylk ice cubes (Make this just as you would regular ice cubes only use almond mylk that you made in the same 1 to 3 ratio above.)
Blend on low to break up ice cubes.
Bring to high just long enough to smooth out the ice cubes, but not so long as to liquefy them.
Enjoy right away!