Chefs Chaya-Ryvka & bring Nuevo Mexican and Elegant Desserts Class to Berkeley, CA!!!
Date: Sunday, April 19th
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: 3290 Adeline Street, Berkeley,CA
(conference room at Spud’s Pizza)
Reserve your space today by following this link.
**Please register at least 2 days prior to class, if it is later contact me directly and I will let you know if there are still spaces available: Chaya@thelivingvision.com
Get ready for the dynamic duo to awaken your palates and inspire your raw creativity. April 19th 2009 is the time; we are happy to announce our Bay area Leg of the West Coast tour that began in Southern California, worked it’s way up to Seattle, WA and is now here in the bay for all our local community to take pleasure in!
This is a 4 hour raw food workshop, featuring food preparation demos, two recipe packets and of course good helpings of all the food we prepare..Wooohooo! For a peak into our 2 week road trip check out this quick blog.
Here’s the Menu:
With Master Raw Food Chef Elaina Love
- Corn Tortillas – These corn tortillas will quickly become a favorite in your house. Made from raw corn and hemp and flax seeds, they are then dehydrated and can be stored for months in your refrigerator or freezer
- Enchilada Spirals- These very special enchiladas will be made using raw corn tortillas and wrapping them around a veggie taco filling like a spiral then topping them with enchilada sauce, pine nut sour cream and avocado slices. These are so flavorful, satisfying and unique
- Mexican-Spanish Rice –It tastes like the best Spanish rice you’ve ever eaten, only there’s no rice! Elaina will show you how to use vegetables and spices to recreate all the flavors and comfort of rice.
- Taco Filling – Again, keeping with her low to no nut agenda, Elaina will demonstrate how to take root vegetables and turn them into the most flavorful, juicy, mouthwatering taco filling that can be eaten in a “taco”, on your salad, in your Enchilada Spirals or dehydrated into crunchy snacks or burgers
- Enchilada Sauce- A light and flavorful sauce that can be used in a variety of dishes
- Pine Nut Sour Cream-A light and fluffy version of sour cream with Irish moss, pine nuts and more flavors to make this a raw food staple.
Elegant Raw Desserts Class
Featuring Irish Moss and Raw Cacao Confections
With Chef/Instructor Chaya-Ryvka
Inspired by the flavors of Elaina’s Nuevo Mexican meal, we will be creating some classic desserts that will pair beautifully with her fresh take on Mexican or any meal you may choose.
Orange Spice Crème Caramel – Experience the sensuous elegance of this melt in your mouth heavenly flan treat while learning the secrets of successfully working with Irish moss. This is a brand new recipe by Chaya that will surprise and delight your senses.
- Burndt Sugar Syrup – This is a low glycemic Yacon based syrup that tastes very similar to a tradition burndt sugar syrup.
- Hard Chocolate Candy Shell – We will use this chocolate to coat our soft centered truffles, however you can use any mold to create a truly delicious, vegan and low glycemic chocolate treat.
- Hazelnut/Cacao Ganache Truffles – These are real Cacao confections; we will be stepping into the world of a chocolate lovers dreams, I’m talking Willie Wonka goes Raw/Vegan. Get ready to bust open your heart and enter the realm of Theobroma/Cacao.These confections feature a light hazelnut chocolate ganache center and a hard chocolate candy shell that can be used as a raw cacao shell for anything your inspired mind conjures.
- White Chocolate-Raspberry Swirl – One of the most popular cheesecakes at Café Gratitude and a must have in anyone’s black book of raw desserts. As well as learning to create a truly heavenly cheesecake you will learn the art of swirling, which can turn any plain pie, cheesecake or frosting into a stunning work of art!
About Elaina Love:
Elaina Love is a professional Raw Food Chef, Instructor, Restaurant Consultant and Lifestyle Counselor whose unique style of creating the best raw food cuisine ever has her highly sought after. She travels worldwide to bring raw, living foods to Spas, Exotic Retreats, Festivals and Individuals. Elaina is the Owner & Director of PureJoyPlanet.com, which features certification courses, raw food recipe books, super foods and kitchen & health equipment. She is the co-owner and recipe developer for her new Café in the Bay Area, Café Soulstice, the author of Elaina’s Pure Joy Kitchen recipe books and the creator of The Amazing Nut Milk Bag. She has 3 raw food DVD’s currently on the market. Elaina has been an Instructor at Living Light Culinary Arts Institute since 2000 where she teaches specialty classes on an ongoing basis. To Learn more visit her website: www.PureJoyPlanet.com
Chaya-Ryvka has been a practicing Raw Food Chef for over three years. She spent two years apprenticing and working side by side as personal assistant with Master Raw Food Chef Elaina Love – catering retreats, serving private catered events, teaching classes, running purejoyplanet.com, and opening a raw food café (Café Soulstice). She also apprenticed with cutting edge raw pastry chefs and creators of the desserts for Café Gratitude. Chaya is now apprenticing in the art of raw chocolate confections; she works in a newly opened raw chocolate company, Coracao Confections (www.coracaoconfections.com). Currently Chaya is expressing her live creativity as a raw pastry chef at Café Gratitude, catering private events, teaching group classes, creating specialty gourmet raw desserts, raw wedding cakes and providing private raw lifestyle/kitchen consultations.
For a visual tour of some of Chaya’s creations, please visit her blog by following this link:
We look forward to seeing you there!